FOR DODGE TRUCKS ONLY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted Ring and Pinion for 1956 Dodge Town Panel

2 posters

Go down

Wanted  Ring and Pinion for 1956 Dodge Town Panel Empty Wanted Ring and Pinion for 1956 Dodge Town Panel

Post by BSmart Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:17 pm

I'm just starting my search for a Ring and Pinion for my 1956 Dodge Town Panel, it's a 1/2 ton. I believe the current gearing is 4:78 to 1 but it may be 4:1 to 1. I would prefer the 4.1 but depending on how hard it its to find may take either one. My local rear-end shop tells me they don't have parts and I would be best searching wrecking yards or the web for one. If it's close enough to me, I may take an entire rear-end assembly. I'm located in Seattle. Thanks for any info or tips as to where I can locate one. My trucks on jack stands and the good weather is going to be gone soon.
BSmart
BSmart

Back to top Go down

Wanted  Ring and Pinion for 1956 Dodge Town Panel Empty Re: Wanted Ring and Pinion for 1956 Dodge Town Panel

Post by penski61 Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:07 pm

is it a chrysler axle 8.75  with removable 3rd member ? If so you may want to look for another shop cause doesn't sound like they even wanted to look into it
gears, install kit etc can be found . diff doctor is who id recommend to get the parts http://www.doctordiff.com/8-3-4-ring-and-pinion.html

also if you have a door tag / id plate it should tell you the ratio for the rear axle

penski61

Back to top Go down