where to get lug studs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

where to get lug studs?

Post by pilothouseman on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:33 pm

Hey all, I recently got a new project...a 1950 dodge b-2-c 3/4 ton dodge all original and upon taking the rear hubs and spindles off I found someone down the road rigged a few different bolts to hold the rims on.....must of been why all the lug studs were free spinning....now I have been searching and searching but I cant seem to find the right lug studs anywhere....I am told I need the right hand thread studs but my local auto parts store doesn't have them and cant get them...anybody help me? I have the 12'' drums on the rear as well if that helps....Thanks in advance for all the help
        Frank

pilothouseman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: where to get lug studs?

Post by 70chall440 on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:05 pm

it should have bolt style studes I believe (My 52 did). Are the holes stripped out? it should be 1/2 x 20(?) threads. I looked at making some studs for my 52 but ended up changing the rear end to a 8 3/4 out of a 70 Challenger and then put RH studs in it so I didnt have to deal with the LH crap.

I "think" both sides of the 52 were RH but I could be wrong, its been a while since I dealt with them. if the threads are ok, how many do you need? I still have the ones off my truck. I will say, they probably wont work on anything other than stock style steel rims as they are not overly long. Your other option is to swap out the rear end.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TINYB3B on Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:46 am

TINY here in the UK. My B3B has 1/2 inch by 20tpi lug bolts. RH thread on the right and LH an the left side. They can be got from Roberts motor parts. I will assume that they will not mind me advertising there site. They would be silly to object.
http://www.robertsmotorparts.com/store/trucks.. Have fun. Very Happy

TINYB3B

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top