FOR DODGE TRUCKS ONLY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rare or not?

3 posters

Go down

Rare or not? Empty Rare or not?

Post by dwilliams972 Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:18 am

Gentlemen: I'm new to the forum and happy to find it. At a show last fall I was talking to a fellow who seemed to know these trucks. He told me the wrap around rear window on my truck was the first he'd seen. Is the wrap around window only on a few of the 1959 model year or was this guy blowing smoke?

Don
dwilliams972
dwilliams972

Back to top Go down

Rare or not? Empty Re: Rare or not?

Post by MoParJoel Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:03 pm

I would like to claim I know ALOT about these trucks, but without official production number (which dont exist for these) there is no way to know for sure. but from what I've seen from experience they are as rare as any other year with a Custom cab(Big window cab) Most people used the trucks for beater farm trucks and didn't see the needed cost for a larger window and a passenger side sun visor, which all Custom cabs came with. rare i would say yes but not extremely rare, I mean these trucks are considered rare all by them selves despite options
MoParJoel
MoParJoel

Back to top Go down

Post by dwilliams972 Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:33 am

Thanks, Joel. I appreciate the response and insight. Too bad there isn't some way to get some numbers on production. It amazes me the number of people that have never seen a civilian Power Wagon ...

Don
dwilliams972
dwilliams972

Back to top Go down

Post by rich Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:06 pm

they are not that rare. maybe one out of five trucks will have them
rich
rich
Admin

https://fordodgetrucksonly.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down